CCD vs FLYING SPOT

Sorry but I'm getting very bored with this increasingly childish banter.
Instead of endless haggling over S/N ratios and difuse light sources
would anyone care to cut to the chase and give a percentage figure, (the
kind they'd give a client to impress them) of the increase in detail
obtained by a Spirit over a Gold.
    Obviously they have a different "look", but
filters/k-scope/SCANdal/stockings/noise reducers etc also give different
looks....
    I've heard 3%-7%. Any takers? A nd if it's NOT the extra detail that
clients are "sold" on, what is it? That indefinable Mmmmmmm!

    Asa.

+++
	Thanks to Stewart Odell for support of the TIG
---
      TIG subscriber count is 851 on Thu Sep 11 08:05:41 PDT 1997