RE: spot vs line analyser for telecine

>Dick Hobbs writes . . .
>
>>Is this why, to some eyes, CCD telecines have a video look? Because they
>>are generating rigid, rectangular, hard-edged pixels, whereas flying spot
>>telecines are inherently smoother?

We run MARCONI CCD telecines and they deliver (in PAL) a look that is very
similar to a flying spot in terms of colourimetry and look (without tube
dramas!)   I believe the the 'CCD look' that Dick is referring to is more
to do with a Philips - BTS 'look' than specifically CCD.

John Bowring  jbowring at lemac.com.au
Lemac Film & Video, Australia
Phone +61 3 9429 8588 Fax +61 3 9428 3336

+++
	Thanks to Kat Dalton for support of the TIG
---
      TIG subscriber count is 846 on Mon Sep  8 07:10:19 PDT 1997