[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: TK Transfer v Compensated Conversion
- To: "'telecine at alegria.com'" <telecine at alegria.com>
- Subject: RE: TK Transfer v Compensated Conversion
- From: Graham Collett <graham.collett at vtr.co.uk>
- Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 17:01:13 +0100
- Old-Return-Path: <graham.collett at vtr.co.uk>
- Resent-Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 09:01:26 -0700 (PDT)
- Resent-From: telecine at sun.alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"vXXjW.A.Z9G.OZG_z" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: telecine-request at sun.alegria.com
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at sun.alegria.com>
Forgive my possible ignorance in this matter , but if as i understand
in the U.S. "several" days are taken grading a feature , and these
features have a decent size post budget , why, if we are searching for
perfection, is anybody considering a conversion.The alternative is to
re-transfer in the other standard at real time plus reel changes etc.
The converted version will be real time using an expensive Alchemist.
The telecine transfer will be , say, 5 hours! We are argueing about
saving a few hundred dollars to compromise what we are all striving
for...best quality pictures.
I have worked with the colorists at The Machine Room in London on
features that have finshed in pal , ntsc , 1:85 , 1:33 and sometimes pan
scan aswell , all in one go. OK the pan scan needs another session but
the gradings are there and may only need a tweek. We normally do it in
NTSC first because thats the awkward one , then switch the room over.
Pogle does all the calculations for you , all you have to do is enter
the "in" points and hit "perform". Am i missing something here?
TIG subscriber count is 840 on Thu Aug 21 09:01:18 PDT 1997
archives and much more at http://www.alegria.com/telecinehome.html
mailinglist digest available.... unsubscribe via a message to
'telecine-request at alegria.com' with Subject: unsubscribe