TK Transfer v Compensated Conversion

At the risk of stirring up a hornet's nest, I would like opinions on the
following scenario:

A client has asked me whether to save money they can TK in 625 onto
DigBeta and then use a motion compensated converter with shot detection
correction to make a 525 converted master on DigBeta

Ahh! Sharp intake of breath from the TIG.  But wait - this very grainy
print needs considerable electronic noise reduction to be acceptable to
meet the distributor's requirements and therefore the effective
information bandwidth has already been compromised.

This converter is regularly used for converting large budget commercials
with the entire production team enthusastic about the results ( many
cannot distinguish between before and after, the results are so good.)

This process is only being considered for  625 to 525 and I am aware of
audio pitch and duration considerations. Please bear this in mind.

Jon

++thanks to Digital Vision USA for support of the TIG in 1997
---
mailinglist digest available
TIG subscriber count is 844 on Wed Aug 13 01:50:40 PDT 1997