Re: "compressed" grade

Hi, I've been away, so I wanted to add a question to Domininc's

<<
The term "compressed grade" or "flat grade" is being applied to the
technique of transferring neg to tape with minimal colour correction and
with low enough contrast to keep as much of the original negative data
as possible. Never mind what it looks like. Transfer is typically to D1
or Digibeta.>>

1. Who does this in New York?
2. Do you run a roughly graded one off at the same time?
3. What are the costs, of this "FLAT?" transfer, and subsequent Tape to tape
correction?

O.K. it is Three questions, but I'm involved with something, that might
benefit from this.
 Thanks, sorry If these are redundant.
Steven Gladstone

++thanks to Digital Vision USA for support of the TIG in 1997
---
mailinglist digest available
TIG subscriber count is 844 on Tue Aug 12 17:32:34 PDT 1997