Help with TLC

I am installing a TLC on a MKIII that has never had one (newest cintel
non-Metaspeed servo). The installation apears to have gone fine, but the
edit synchronization is wacky. On every edit the MKIII is a frame off in
either direction. The Digi-scan is in slave mode. The scan tracking is
off. I have tried the edit synchronization setting but since the problem
is different every time, that is probably not it. Any help would be
appreciated. Thanks. Vince.

+++ thanks to Rich Torpey of MTI/Image Group for support in 1997
---
mailinglist digest available
TIG subscriber count is 841 on Thu Aug  7 17:18:29 PDT 1997