Re: "compressed" grade

>The one thing that I forgot to add is that I put my filtration (black
>super mist etc) after colour correcting the Digital format.....  Its
>wonderful, not only can I hide mistakes ;-) it also smoothes out any
>grain that has turned into noise!

Not sure I understand -- you are doing a "flat" telecine transfer and
then adding "filters" in the tape-to-tape stage?  Are these the Tiffen
"digital" filters (which I thought were just for the Cineon) or something
different, or did I just completely misunderstand what you wrote?

John Snopes

+++ thanks to Rich Torpey of MTI/Image Group for support in 1997
---
mailinglist digest available
TIG subscriber count is 841 on Wed Aug  6 23:54:05 PDT 1997