heatwave

we're in the midst of a very hot week here in Los Angeles with the
daytime temperature above 100 degrees F.  The central air conditioning
in my house has failed; if I can't get it fixed by tomorrow
(Wednesday) morning, I may have to shut down the servers here, with
the result that the TIG will be down.  I have an appointment with a
local repairman tomorrow night, so hopefully the downtime will be
limited to Wednesday.

--Rob (sweltering in the Hollywood Hills)

(with Dominic Rom and Christopher Bacon on the way over to my
house for a visit this evening--they don't know my AC is broken! ;-))

+++ thanks to Rich Torpey of MTI/Image Group for support in 1997