Re: Digital Betacam

<< I would suggest that all owners of digital betacam decks get a copy of
 Tech Bulletin 96-178. >>

I might also suggest that everyone take a look at a recent bulletin
concerning a replacement encoding LSI---one that employs a bit of
prefiltering as compared to the strictly wide band original.    Sorry, I
can't recall the bulletin number.   While we have yet to implement this
modification, my hope is that it will free us from having to tie up an
outboard encoder just to get decent looking dubs.   Happy knitting,
engineers---this new chip has almost 120 legs.

 Jim Erickson, Colorist, Colorlab

+++ thanks to Rich Torpey of MTI/Image Group for support in 1997
---
mailinglist digest available
TIG subscriber count is 841 on Tue Aug  5 19:07:00 PDT 1997