Digital Betacam

I would suggest that all owners of digital betacam decks get a copy of
Tech Bulletin 96-178.

Slip ring assy metal dust particles can and will short out DT voltage
within scanner. In my case it was intermittant audio breakup in variable
play -1.  All diags said everything was perfect.

P.S. Contrary to what manual says, Diag C10 WILL NOT DISPLAY IN ANY MODE
EXCEPT NORMAL PLAY.

Be careful........

Jan

+++ thanks to Rich Torpey of MTI/Image Group for support in 1997
---
mailinglist digest available
TIG subscriber count is  on Tue Aug  5 05:09:17 PDT 1997