RE: Ilford HP5 transfer

My experience with film to Betacam transfers. If the film needs pushing and
the composite i/p is used as well as the composite o/p ,you are then using a
less than perfect encoder , a less than perfect decoder resulting in a lot of
subcarrier frequncy noise. Add to that an aperture corrector without a band
pass filter and you can enhance that noise beautifully. I've seen some
horrific results from what looks like a perfectly good non composite
transfer.As soon as it goes composite...bang.

I wonder if any of you colorists can help me out. I've had Ilford's HP5 Plus
transferred to Betacam a couple of times, and the tapes were noisier than I
would have expected for properly exposed film.

+++ thanks to Rich Torpey of MTI/Image Group for support in 1997