Re: Coments re: Film Reg. -Reply

> Date:          Fri, 1 Aug 1997 10:57:09 -0700 (PDT)
> To:            Telecine Home Page - Posting <telecine at xyzoom.alegria.com>
> From:          grant.petty at digitalvoodoo.net
> Subject:       Re: Coments re: Film Reg. -Reply

> Hi all,
>
> What would be nice, is if on the AATON cameras they could blink one of the
> light emitting diodes that generate the Aaton codes, when the film is held
> still during the exposure. If they did this on each frame, then the
> telecine manufactures could build a system to look for this dot and then
> use it as a stabilisation reference. It would then cancel out the
> instability in both the camera and the telecine.
>
> AATON could just do it, most likely with just a software change, and then
> when the telecine guys get around to supporting it, then it might work.

	Yes, that reference for stabilization could be in the
underscan/overscan area so it could be used for post but it would not
appear on TV, or it could be in the academy/super35 area you would
telecine slightly smaller and then zoom in a few per cent after
stabilization, in fact I have suggested that to my french fellow JPB
a while ago but no answer...

	Regards, JC

	Colorist
	MPC