Re: Coments re: Film Reg.

grant.petty at digitalvoodoo.net wrote:

> What would be nice, is if on the AATON cameras they could blink one of the
> light emitting diodes that generate the Aaton codes, when the film is held
> still during the exposure. If they did this on each frame, then the
> telecine manufactures could build a system to look for this dot and then
> use it as a stabilisation reference. It would then cancel out the
> instability in both the camera and the telecine.

This has been done by 'Goldmark' back in the 50's.
Unfortunately, I had reason (years ago) to have to review
over 100 patents relating to stabilizing anything flat with
holes in it.

> AATON could just do it, most likely with just a software change, and then
> when the telecine guys get around to supporting it, then it might work.
>
> It is getting late, (3:40am)  and I have not really thought about this
> properly, but I thought that It might be interesting idea.
>
> Anyone care to comment?

If this were the case you would then be restricted to stabilizing
only the film that was photographed with that process.

Follow-Ups: References: