RE>Re: Sony HD Telecine Review

Clearly Sony has made great strides with its HD telecine since the
presentations they gave at NAB. The position sensor system is extremely
ingenious - I bet there are a few telecine designers out there saying "I
wish I had thought of that" - but how do they adjust the position of the
frame? Are there micro-adjustments to the sprocket drive to get each frame
accurately aligned? How does it work horizontally?

Apart from that, my other concern is with the zoom and rotate. Doing it
mechanically of course eliminates digital artifacts, but I very much doubt
if it can be achieved in a frame bar, which means that changing settings
can only be achieved with assemble edits. Is that going to be practical in
use?

Dick