7

>The film is driven via the sprockets?  is this safe with original
>negative?

In my opinion.......There is no problem using sprocket drive, this is how the camera works.
The Sony solution is valid.
Capstan drive can be prone to slippage and contacts the film.
The Sony machine sounds like a great suggestion for a  long form telecine.
Seems like the broadcasters choice for HD transfers maybe?
Well done!
Paul Grace