Sony Telecine

I'm very much interested in other peoples opinions of the engineering
prototype of the new Sony telecine demonstrated at the ITS forum last week.
It seems quite promising to me for the optical stabilization system, as well
as the light source resolution for primary correction.  It would seem in
theory to have more range in exposure settings with a greatly improved s/n
ratio.  Obviously it's a ways away from being ready for prime time, but I'm
interested in other people's impressions with it.

Phil Voss
Blue Water Post

++
thanks to Dave Corbitt for support of the TIG in 1997