HD time line developing?

We are preparing for the start of television season, and have been directed
by our client to create 16/9 online masters from their Sup. 16 elements this
season.   The entire show will be edited 16/9, and then converted to 4/3 to
create the broadcast tape.

In talking to post production chiefs at the network, their plan is to begin
posting this way so that these NTSC 16/9 shows can later be upconverted to HD
as the format begins to take hold.

They suggested that no pure HD shows would be produced for at least 5 years.
 Has anyone else out there received similar information?

Jim Erickson, Colorist, Colorlab