Re: Unidentified subject!

<< I believe the
 problem was related to some type of mask apparatus resting against the
 phosphors.

 The fix...a large rubber mallet whomp to the side of the display. For
 intricate details of the dynamics and direction of the whomp you may want to
 talk to Randy Reck at Encore Santa Monica.  >>

I have heard that degaussing with an external loop, rather than the internal
degausser circuit, can sometimes cause the mask to get sucked up against the
phospor---, and as stated by Randy, hitting the monitor (I was told right in
the center of the glass) will knock it off, none worse for the wear.

Jim Erickson, Colorist, Colorlab