RE: and, I believe, Aaton

 >> Let me give you a quick history review:
The 21-21-22 (perf 3) system was invented by Aaton and put into practice
on Keylink January 1994. It was demoed at Complete-Post LA, April 94,
and proposed to the industry during a meeting organized by Avid
(Michael Phillips, Joel Swann) at the NAB 94 with the participation
of the main 3Perf players/manufacturers.

The Aaton system was one of several propositions (including the
Kodak/TLC 64 frame 'yard' periodicity), but was the one which
finally prevailed once we helped some manufacturers make it workable
in their equipment.  :)

Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's.  <<

 I stand (partially) corrected!

Mike Most, Encore Video, L.A.