and, I believe, Aaton

Michael D. Most  7/7/97 17:28  wrote:

> The more modern method of counting 3 perf is to use a 21 frame
> rollover for the first 2 keys (the count rolls over after +20 frames)
> and a 22 frame rollover for the 3rd (the count rolls over
> after +21 frames). This is the scheme used by Evertz and, I believe,
> Aaton, as well as Lightworks and in the near future, Avid. In these
> systems, the 3rd key is predetermined to be the one with the perf
> dot on perf 3.

* and, I believe, Aaton *.

Hey, Mike!

Let me give you a quick history review:
The 21-21-22 (perf 3) system was invented by Aaton and put into practice
on Keylink January 1994. It was demoed at Complete-Post LA, April 94,
and proposed to the industry during a meeting organized by Avid
(Michael Phillips, Joel Swann) at the NAB 94 with the participation
of the main 3Perf players/manufacturers.

The Aaton system was one of several propositions (including the
Kodak/TLC 64 frame 'yard' periodicity), but was the one which
finally prevailed once we helped some manufacturers make it workable
in their equipment.  :)

Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's.

--jp