RE: Unidentified subject!

Ken Robinson wrote:

>>...we found that it was the Sony monitor after all...

Bob Festa replied:

>I had the same problem on an evergreen series monitor. Very fine vertical
>dark lines appearing as pencil marks on a bright background.

>The fix...a large rubber mallet whomp to the side of the display...

May I just state that the disclosure of the trusted "mallet whomp" technique to
a colorist was an accident. If Bob had walked in a minute later, he would have
been describing my use of the well known Sony Vertical Mask Wire Alignment
Tool. See Bill Topazio's posting for a good description.

Randy Reck, Chief Telecine Engineer
Encore Santa Monica