RE: Unidentified subject!

I have seen similar problems on ALL types of Trinitrons (ie
cylindrical masks).  Sometimes due to shipping or heat load, the
mask and its supporing wires will deform and become visible in
any number of nasty ways*.  And YES, the rubber mallet trick works-
apply judiciuosly and don't let the guy who signs the check
see you do it!

* Sometimes results in a purity loss.  In one case, I could see the
vertical support wire (not to be confused with the 2 horizontal wires
you get treated to under normal Trini conditions) that looked like
a parabola. A good whack on the left side of the CRT sent it scurrying.

On Mon, 7 Jul 1997 16:03:30 -0400  Bob Festa wrote:
>At 07:25 PM 7/7/97 -0200, you wrote:

>I had the same problem on an evergreen series monitor. Very fine vertical
>dark lines appearing as pencil marks on a bright background. I believe the
>problem was related to some type of mask apparatus resting against the
>phosphors.
>
>The fix...a large rubber mallet whomp to the side of the display

Bill Topazio, VP/Engineering     bt at mte.com     v:212-907-1225
Manhattan Transfer / Edit        New York, NY   f:212-687-2719

"Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side, a dark side,
and it holds the universe together." -Carl Zwanzig