Unidentified subject!

At 07:25 PM 7/7/97 -0200, you wrote:

>Well, after buying a compressor and blowing everything in sight, (which
>BTW improved things anyway), we found that it was the Sony monitor after
>all.  So we ran round to another facility here and found the problem to
>be even worse.....
>
>So guys, anyone else seen any problems on this type of monitor?

Ken,

I had the same problem on an evergreen series monitor. Very fine vertical
dark lines appearing as pencil marks on a bright background. I believe the
problem was related to some type of mask apparatus resting against the
phosphors.

The fix...a large rubber mallet whomp to the side of the display. For
intricate details of the dynamics and direction of the whomp you may want to
talk to Randy Reck at Encore Santa Monica. Try rreck at encorevideo.com.

Best,

Bob
Bob Festa                                    Festa at pacbell.net