RE: ACMED code (ACMADE)

 >> AatonCode (Aaton/Panavision/Moviecam) brings the many advantages that
Acmade offers, but it eliminates the time consuming rubber
printing, while it automatically syncs the sound.
Thus I am not surprised that a "prominent" N.Y. facility    <<

There is no Aatoncode on a track print (i.e, either stripe or multitrack mag). The ability to sync picture and track by overlaying the edge codes is one of the primary purposes of Acmade code. For picture and track synched on film (often done for screening purposes, if for no other reason) that will then be re-edited, Aaton Code is not a substitute. Although, as you know, I am clearly a huge Aaton fan for every other reason.

Mike Most, Encore Video, L.A.

++
thanks to Gary Shaw of Pacific Video Canada for support of the TIG in 1997