Re: automatic filmspeed for DP's

Kodak has also introduced a consumer film called Gold Max that has
extremely
wide exposure latitude. They have been advertising on TV that it will
work
for "all lighting conditions".  I believe it may be related to the
Ektapress
Professional format.  Both are T grain types.  I have not tried
either, yet.
The Ektrapress is DX coded to 640, but I'm not sure about the Gold Max
(the
information I saw did not have a ISO rating).

Ektapress used to be avaliable as a 100, 400 and 1600 ASA stock.
They've all been replaced by Kodak "Multispeed" which can be exposed
between the afore mentioned ASA's.

If the Advantix system could be used on motion picture films, could
the data
be stored fast enough to be of any use, and if so, what type of camera
mods
would be needed?

Well of course we already have Aatoncode on film for timecode etc, but
it is an interesting idea.  Not really coming from a telecine
background, how much of an advantage would it be to have exposure
information available to the tk colourist ?  What about it JP ?

John Brawley

++
thanks to Gary Shaw of Pacific Video Canada for support of the TIG in 1997