Re: ACMED code

>Unfortunately, most (not all)  telecine houses in New York have no idea what
>ACMADE was designed for, which is indeed alarming, as Mike Most points out.

Basil,
   There are many different facets to this business and companies tend to
specialize in different areas. A commercial house can indeed go many years
without seeing Acmade code. I am not surprised by that, nor would I be
surprised by a facility that specialized in features would not be familiar
with aspects of digital film effects that I take for granted(when was the
last time you hand tweaked a NIS map or NFS automounter<g>?). It's a varied
business and we all have a lot to learn from each other.

Rich Torpey