Re: ACMED code

In a message dated 07/04/1997 01:47:40, you wrote:

<< So other that being a nice way to organize the dailies
for the editor, what so great about it?

I think, and I'm not sure about this, but I think it was a way to be able to
cut your picture, and then find the proper sound sync. Just match the Acmade
Codes, picture and sound.
Way back in college, I remember having my 16mm wkprint and mag track, edge
coded. Now, I can find any sound for the shot, and once I've cut off the
Slate clapstick, I can still make it go into sync. What other purposes It
had, I don't know.
If one Generation stops practicing a craft, it WILL become lost
Steven Gladstone