automatic filmspeed for DP's

----------
Rob Lingelbach wrote;
> I've heard rumors of a new consumer still film from Kodak that has
> 'automatic' speed, such that one can shoot without setting the ISO of
> the film stock.  Does anyone know more about this, and would this
> concept ever cross over to motion picture film?

I think your referring to Kodaks Advantix system. My understanding of the
concept is they are basically using mag stripe technology to record time of
exposure variables such as shutter speed, aspect, and f stop, and setting
ISO numbers with a UPC style barcode on the film. Consumers will find it
idiot proof. Now that I think of it I can recomend this to a few DP's I've
worked with.;^)

I've come across the keycode prefix KR recently. My current tables don't
list this stock or its properties. Although my Evertz does recognize it.
Can anyone shed some light on KR?

Bob

Bob Festa                       festa at pacbell.net
Director of Telecine
Encore Santa Monica

+++
Thanks to Colorlab of Maryland for support of the TIG in 1997