Re: ACMED code

On Wed, 2 Jul 1997 01:14:50 -0400  Michael D. Most wrote:

>Frankly, from a personal point of view, I find it kind of surprising and
>somewhat frightening that anyone in the film business doesn't know this
>stuff.....
>
>Mike Most, Encore Video, L.A.

Maybe so, but this is rarely an occurrence in any commercial
environment.  Even for dailies, by the time many of the spot
houses started doing that kind of work, Keykode and Aatoncode
had become the norms, although I can say I've run across some
Acmade (maybe half- dozen times in past 10 years).  Of course,
I am speaking from the NY market which may account for some
of this.

Oh by the way, some inkers are solvent-sensitive... one of my
less-than-happy experiences was explaining to a client why he
had edge numbers before we cleaned the film and not afterwards.

-bt

Bill Topazio, VP/Engineering     bt at mte.com     v:212-907-1225
Manhattan Transfer / Edit        New York, NY   f:212-687-2719

"Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side, a dark side,
and it holds the universe together." -Carl Zwanzig