Re: matting concerns (suppress)

> Subject: Re: matting concerns (suppress)

> The Ultimatte with its patented flare removal is one of the better tools
> around for accomplishing this in a single pass.  Unless they are using the
> Ultimatte plug-in, to my somewhat limited knowledge tools such as the Flame
> are only able to touch up flare problems, not eliminate them simply in a
> single pass.

Bob,
	Most modern nonlinear compositing systems such as Flame and Henry
include supression controls as part of their standard complement of chroma key
tools. Add-ons such as the Ultimatte plug-in for FFFI offer enhancements -
different algorithms, additional controls, masking, etc. but the standard
keyers are quite capable today compared to just a few years ago.

--
Rich Torpey
LBTL

+++
Thanks to Henninger Video for support of the TIG in 1997