Telecine and B + W

Hello,
		I took a lab tour, and the timer mentioned that when printing B + W onto
color stock, they can have a filter inserted into the lamp house to
approximate the color coupler mask found in a color neg.
		I was wondering if doing this would make any difference in the Telecine of
B + W images? Or for that matter for The Telecine of Prints, or reversal
stock? I mentioned my Kodachrome Transfer to a friend, and he reccomended
putting a ten red filter into the light path (after I had already done the
transfer)

Any one know, or have any Ideas.
Steven Gladstone

** thanks to 525 Post for contributing to the TIG in 1997