Re: Focus!!

I've done quite a bit of Super-16mm transfers in the past couple of years and
found that focus can be a bit tricky in that the outer most sides of the
negative are being included as part of the imaging area. This requires a
negative that is uniformly flat from side to side as well. I'd suggest you
look into your lab's techniques in processing Super-16mm negative.  A
slightly loose or warped neg is greatly exaggerated in Super-16 and I've
found that the small increase in tension while running the Telecine can make
the focus differ slightly.
By the way, my comment about film labs being possibly a fault is secondary to
average handling of the film before and after processing. I feel I'm
particularly blessed with a champion quality lab right here in my area!
No qualms here!