[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE>Re: PAL into NTSC Transfers
- To: Telecine <Telecine at xyzoom.alegria.com>
- Subject: RE>Re: PAL into NTSC Transfers
- From: Paul Grace <paulg at rushes.co.uk>
- Date: 29 May 97 18:19:27 +0000
- Old-Return-Path: <paulg at rushes.co.uk>
- Resent-From: telecine at sun.alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"Z1XIAC.A.nHF._xbjz" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: telecine-request at sun.alegria.com
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at sun.alegria.com>
> Some people
>go so far as to power their telecines down before changing standards
This is not needed, EHT off is fine. As a rule , always avoid power cycling telecines!
>The second thing is that each standard in the Renaissance is a separate
>software option; unless yours was bought or upgraded to a dual standard
>system, it won't work as one. Your da Vinci sales rep is the person to talk
>to for sorting this out.
This is true, but why this is so is a mystery.I feel this should be a standard feature in an international product such as a telecine controller.
Turning over the TK bay between standards is straight forward requiring a simple sync feed changeover and a daVinci config. Care needs to be taken that all stills stores etc are switched to follow input syncs and the use of autoswitching digital encoders is neat if possible.
mailinglist digest available......posting guidelines on the webpage