An apology

A fellow subsciber has privately taken me to task for what, on reflection,
was a lapse in good taste on my part in a recent posting. It is not always
easy to remember that, what leaves the brain as a mildly amusing throwaway
line can look very different on the page. In this case, it could be
construed that the comment had a rather deeper political significance,
particularly as the relationship between England and Ireland is seen rather
differently in America than it is here.

So, to all who were concerned that I have an unpleasant streak of bigotry
running underneath my normally jovial exterior, please accept this apology.
It is a timely reminder that I should always re-read a posting before
hitting the send button.

Dick Hobbs