re: PAL into NTSC Transfers

>. . .Just how many people need this sort of capability on
>a regular basis?  This series of postings is not the first I have heard
>of this request.
>
>Thanks.  Gary Adams

We often end up in a situation where the audio element, sometimes mag,
needs to be run at one rate and the video needs to run at another. I'm not
sure how this happened but we have to deal with it. It may be because we
have a standards converted video element and need to lay in a new language
audio track. Having the telecine machine controller able to handle the
situation would help.

It hadn't occurred to me before to ROL the suorce deck. Worth a try.

--- David Tosh  dlt at earthlink.net
--- Video Engineer, Complete Post, Hollywood

**thanks to Steve Harman, Lorne Miess, Mel Wunder, and Richard Cassel
for support of the TIG in 1997