Re: PAL into NTSC Transfers

At 09:40 AM 5/23/97 -0400, Christopher Bacon responded wrote:

>P.S. Since the "World Wide" VHS is not editor-controllable, and no known edit
>controllers run both 25 and 30 fps tape machines in the same session
>simultaneously, there's no way to avoid doing the dub after the PAL transfer.

I seem to recall from an SMPTE meeting regarding off-speed techniques of
format conversion, that someone (I think it was Sony) showed a box that
does exactly that.  It'll take the ports from a standard editing system (I
think PAL) and do the appropriate timing/timecode conversions for control
of the off-standard machine.  Seemed like a cool idea.

Phil