" What is a Senior Colorist "

 I have a question maybe someone out there can answer. What in the hell is a
                   " Senior Colorist "?.

                                                                     Websters
Newworld Dictionary lists " Senior " as:
            1.Of higher rank or longer service.
            2.One who is older, of higher rank.
            3 A student in the last year of High school or College.
     Number two is the most interesting to me: " One who is older " does that
mean because Im 45 and the oldest Colorist in our facility that I can assume
that the oldest colorist is the " Senior " ?.
     Take number one: " Of higher Rank ". Can we move to a higher rank as
Colorists?
If this is the case why dont we have General Colorists, Captain Colorists, or
Sergeant Colorists. Personally I like the Captain Colorist, it has a certain
ring to it like some action hero out of a comic book.
I would love to be introduced to a new client as " This is Rick Stephenson he
will be your Captain Colorist for todays session ".
It seems to me that as Colorists we all do pretty much the same job. Why is
it then that some of us seem to need a status symbol to hang on too that
hopefully will elevate us to a higher plane as a Colorist?.
Shakespeare said: " Whats in a name? A rose by any other name would still
smell as sweet ".
As for now I think I will just be a " Colorist " and maybe someday I can
acheive Godhood in my field and become a " Senior ". I can only hope and
pray.
This is just my opinion and I do have one. I can ramble on with the best of
ya.

All You Need Is Love
Rick Stephenson
"Captain Colorist"