Re: what's so hard?

Bob Festa wrote:

>You can manage a circus of art directors all day long, but if
>you
> don't posess the undefinable skill of looking into the acetate and
>bringing
> the magic to the surface, you will always be a mechanic first and a
> colorist last.

Hey, Bob, you told me ten years ago at NAB that the most important thing
about being a colorist was to make the most money!

The magic part is easy.  I'd much rather be a grossly-overpaid "mechanic"
than a lower-paid artiste any day.  :-)

--Marc Wielage / Complete Post
  Hollywood, U.S.A.

Follow-Ups: References: