Re: 24 F.P.S. and PAL

Veenotph at aol.com wrote:

> Hi, I'm going to be shooting something, that is going to be edited in
> Spain
> (PAL).
> Probably on an AVID. My question is this, If I shoot it at 24 F.P.S.
> will
> there be a problem Telecine-ing it onto Pal Format?
> Also, does that cause a problem in conforming for Matchback to finish
> on
> film?

If you're cutting on an Avid with film options, simply telecine in PAL
at 25 FPS and tell the Avid to play it back and cut at 24FPS. I would,
however, check with whatever facility is doing the video transfer
regarding sound sync.

Mike Most, Encore Video, L.A.

***
thanks to Sam Dlugach, Dean Humphus, & Clark Bierbaum
for support of the TIG in 1997