Re: Re; Layering vrs Windowing

Seamus sez:

> Introducing the change and matching gamma
> to the surrouding picture seems to be the key here especially
> on extreme changes.

I agree here, Gamma is the big one!  How do you get on with changing the colour of the object, say
180 degrees if the object doesn't have sharp edges?

 > Deletia.......  but it gets very difficult
> to envisage an interface and control system that would go
> beyond these 32 layers. In the same manner increasing the
> amount of regions, on a layer or overall, is not really helpful
> unless the contents can be used independently.

errr....  Could you explain this statement a little more...  I lost you!

> In a similar fashion it must soon be that an object defined
> by full colour parameters, and any other means, is able
> to be identified and tracked as the scene progresses
> without the need for repeated keyframing.  I would
> have thought that the layering approach would be more
> suited to this type of advanced image tracking as it
> seperates elements in a more logical way.

I would have thought that you could do this now, just based on the luminance/colour of the object,
so long as you haven't restricted its region.  I have to say that I don't use the key frames very
often unless I am doing a special effect on one shot.  I find I can usually get away with "it"
based on the lum/colour info!  Anyway, I presume you can copy the key frames from layer to layer
and then modify?

One more question for you......  Do you see a real difference between layering and windowing?

Ken

************************************
Ken Robinson
Imagen Transfer
Av. Cristobal Colon 4733
Santiago de Chile

Tel: 56 2 207 9515
Fax: 56 2 228 5871

186,000 miles per second.  Not just a good idea.....  It's the LAW!

***
thanks to Sam Dlugach, Dean Humphus, & Clark Bierbaum
for support of the TIG in 1997