Re: More with the Aaton-Tim

>  you have to spool down the neg to it (pass 1)
>spool back to the head of the shot (pass 2) roll the VTR and telecine and
>record the sync shot to tape -(pass 3)

You are, of course, correct - I did not include the additional passes up
and back to retrive the T/C at the tail.  My main point is that tail
slate syncing with an edit controller such as the TLC with macro
capability essentially relieve much of the angst we used to deal with.
Incidentally, I agree with you that chase/lock methods such as the Aaton
are often an adequate solution.

>. . . who aren't at all interested in you colourists wasting
>time on sound when you should be looking after our pictures!

And John, believe me, we were dragged KICKING AND SCREAMING into the
syncing process!

Tim Bond

This Email address is shared by the Bond home, so please put the
RECIPIENT'S NAME within the MESSAGE BODY for proper routing.

***
thanks to Ken Robinson, Steve Robinson, and Lynette Duensing
for support of the TIG in 1997