Re: layering vs. windowing

> 	Hi Ken, can you soften the edges of several windows at the same
> time, and can you soften each egde separately on the RSQ ?
>
> 	Regards, JC

Hey there JC,

The windows themselves you can't soften, but you can as I said before link them together easily
to get a soft effect if you want to use something like a gradation.

Because the windows/masks are there primarily to separate objects geographically, one is far more
interested in getting the object selected than softening the mask.  I can soften the edge
transition of my object though, which is very important.

I know that the Pogle has single window softening ability, and that is another reason that I
selected a Pogle as my controller so that I can update at a later stage, also ESR has some rather
nice other things that I would like as well, such as the virtual copy back......  Errr, Ace
described it well, maybe he can make another attempt!  At present I am able to do so much with RSQ
that this problem isn't so important.

RSQ as a computing device hasn't even reached its optimum at the moment, there is a great deal
hidden inside that the software hasn't been written for yet.

So, money no object.....  I would have RSQ, DCP and ESR quite happily.....  A redesign of my
desk/brain would be in order as well!

BTW, I just saw the new brochure on the ESR.....  Someone has been drawing rainbows and splodging
purple over the sky?????????????

Ken

************************************
Ken Robinson
Imagen Transfer
Av. Cristobal Colon 4733
Santiago de Chile

Tel: 56 2 207 9515
Fax: 56 2 228 5871

186,000 miles per second.  Not just a good idea.....  It's the LAW!

***
thanks to Ken Robinson, Steve Robinson, and Lynette Duensing
for support of the TIG in 1997