Many a true word spoken in jest

Christopher Bacon/DuArt  4/24/97 18:22  wrote:

> In my humble opinion, the Aaton Keylink has turned into a
> bit of a horror show...

Christopher, your 'horror show' posting to the TIG
gave the telecine industry proof that Aaton can be wrong:
with v6.02c we over-protected the Keylink's prime
feature - its consistent frame-accuracy - by locking critical
engineering parameters up too well.

Given a choice, we would have preferred to hear your
opinion privately; this is the way another Manhattan transfer
facility engineer informed us about his concern on this subject
(at NAB).
We immediately made him a version -6.02e- that allows colorists
to locally modify configurations attached to the film being
transferred, without altering the 'mother' configurations used
in other transfers.

For better and for worse

--jp (aka Dracula)

PS: We can make this v6.02e ftp address available to facilities
who want it.

--

***
thanks to Ted Brady, Ben Webber, & C. Bradley Hunt