Obsolete part on Go-Faster

Had an opto-isolator go bad (leaky, I believe) on a Go-Faster on the
562B board.  TRWU400D.  When I called California, I was told that no
stock was available. After a few hours on the phone, here is what I
discovered:

TRW sold its semiconductor division to Rayethon, but
Rayethon only supports the RF transistors.  In other words: Obsolete.

I eventually found that Motorola TIL119 is a equivalent device, however,
it too, is Obsolete.   Motorola has, however, substituted it
with a replacement device, which is also numbered TIL119 (go figure!).

Anyway, I ordered some of the sub-for-a-sub devices. They were dated
9701, so they are still being made, but more importantly, they worked in
circuit as did the origional.

Just thought you'd like to know.....

Jan

***
thanks to Ted Brady, Ben Webber, & C. Bradley Hunt
for support of the TIG in 1997