How many telecine bays?

I am doing a market research project and would like to know how many active
teleine bays there are in a) Hollywood/Burbank/LA, b) the rest of the U.S.,
and c) the rest of the world. Would any of the members of this list care to
take an educated guess at the numbers? Approximate numbers will suffice.

BTW, by "active" bays, I mean ones that are used on a daily basis.

Thanks in advance for any and all input.

Jay Kuca
MC-Squared Consulting
Grass Valley, CA

***
thanks to Tim Ready, Terry Wickre, Frank Rodriquez, and Lou Levinson
for support of the TIG in 1997