DVD test

All
Spent a day post NAB in LA and checked out DVD at FRY's. Machines list from 499
to 799 and are all sold out. Titles on sale where going at  19 dollars.
Quality, and I pride myself to be able to spot film and coding artifacts quite
well, was excellent. Ok it was film so not a hard test but still far beyond what
the consumer ever would find objectionable.
Not at all the shamless junk quality some of the service providers/operators
displayed at NAB, stuff like that gives the technology bad reputation.

Add the audio to DVD and in my mind you have a winner.

I await Brad to invite me to his viewing theatre...

Mike Reichel -no longer independent but still opinionated.