Re: Enough with the Aaton

>  Dear Colleagues
> I am tired of all the subliminal advertising that goes on with reagard to
>the Aaton.
>To whom it may concern Aaton is a fine product but there are many products
>that
>will do the task of tailslates just as well.
> If you need to do tailslates with TLC. First write down or remember the
>number on the frame counter that you want to come in on. Then zip to the tail
>and mark in on
>A-film and set in on the 1/4". Gang mark in. Then gang set in and enter the #
>you wrote down. Then ctrl rec. It's that easy.
> Be sure you remember to remove the gang highlights before the next edit if
>you are doing a list that needs 0's or 5's on the in point
> Thank you
> David Keleshian

Dear David,
You are very wrong when you state that "there are many products that
will do the task of tailslates just as well." as I'm not talking about
tailslates at all - rather a process that eliminates the need for them.

The timecode on film generator is available on PANAVISION, ARRI and AATON
cameras
and if used can save everyone a lot of time and money.

As a DP and one who owns a telecine facility - nothing urkes me more than
having to stuff around whatching and waiting while colourists buggerise
about with keyboards, timecode slates and shuttling backwards and forwards
over my negative just to get the sound in sync with the picture!

Call me impatient - but it is 1997 - and the sound should just be there!

Regards

John Bowring ACS
LEMAC
AUSTRALIA

John Bowring  jbowring at lemac.com.au
Lemac Film & Video, Australia
Phone +61 3 9429 8588 Fax +61 3 9428 3336