RE: Tail slates - make every frame a slate

01234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567891234
>Phil Voss of Blue Water Post writes
>>Recently I've been encountering a lot of negative with tail slates, and
>>it's been giving me enormous headaches......... it's very time consuming

>>> Get your customers to shoot with AATONCODE so every frame has a slate
>>>sync >>mark.AatonCode combined with the new InstantSync option for the
>>>Aaton >>Keylink will be the ultimate answer with colourists being able
>>>to almost >>totally concentrate on the picture while the sound syncs
>>>itself >>automatically without any pre roll delays.  <<

>Mike Most, Encore Video, L.A. writes
>Please, let's get back to HELPFUL information here. ( Mikes suggestion)
>.....PS - Rob, I like Aaton as much as anyone, but this is clearly
>grandstanding here..........

Dear Mike,
with respect, the solution I suggested totally eradicates the tale slate
problem.
Is it 'grandstanding' to suggest a technology that prevents all this
expensive, time consuming, and very old fashioned tail slate procedure?

Clearly what Phil's  'very time consuming and cumbersome' telecine syncing
problems would be totally solved if he could get his customers shooting
timecode on film.

Regards,
John Bowring.

John Bowring  jbowring at lemac.com.au
Lemac Film & Video, Australia
Phone +61 3 9429 8588 Fax +61 3 9428 3336