[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Tail slates
- To: telecine internet group <telecine at alegria.com>
- Subject: Re: Tail slates
- From: rob at sun.alegria.com (Rob Lingelbach)
- Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 09:47:02 -0700
- In-Reply-To: Phil Voss <sagepunk at mindspring.com> "Tail slates" (Apr 23, 2:43)
- Old-Return-Path: <rob>
- Organization: Altruistic Intentions, Hollywood, CA
- Phone-number: +1 213 464 6266
- Reply-To: Rob Lingelbach <rob at alegria.com>
- Resent-From: telecine at sun.alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"v4QPZ.A.hzE.K0jXz" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: telecine-request at sun.alegria.com
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at sun.alegria.com>
On Apr 23, 2:43, Phil Voss wrote:
} Subject: Tail slates
> Please all, forgive me as this is my first posting to this group, and I'm a
> little nervous about it. We all want to sound so smart, etc.
I know what you mean-- it's like standing up in front of a group of
1000 people and talking about your underwear.
well, ok, not exactly.
> My method of dealing with goes as follows: I
> mark the film and the sound at the tail slate on the TLC, then I enter the
Phil, just so you can feel supported a bit, I use exactly the same
method, though I use macros in the TLC to do it. I get a charge out
of doing the 'trimin minus FLMA duration enter'...
I really wish all production people knew how much more time it took
to sync tailslates (without Aatoncode that is) and how it requires
shuttling back and forth across the negative, chase lock mode or not.
> OK., I guess that wasn't too bad for my first posting. <beads of sweat
> rolling down my forehead>.
you'll be hoisting virtual pints with all of us now Phil.
Rob Lingelbach | 2660 Hollyridge Dr., Los Angeles, CA 90068
rob at alegria.com | "I care not much for a man's religion whose dog or
rob at info.com | cat are not the better for it." --Abraham Lincoln
rob at cloister.org KB6CUN http://www.alegria.com
mailinglist digest available......posting guidelines on the webpage