DVD test

It was very interesting to read Dave Corbitt's experience of DVD.

A couple of months back Brad Hunt showed me what it could in his viewing
theatre at All Post in Burbank. I, too, was very impressed. It is certainly
the highest quality home delivery service yet.

I did spot one or two compression problems, particularly with fine detail
breaking down. This was particularly noticeable on a demonstration disk
which included some panning shots over a Yellow Pages. Call me dull and
unimaginative, but I find it hard to think of an occasion when an
artistically satisfying drama calls for lengthy shots of the Yellow Pages,
so that may not be a problem.

I just wish there was someone in East Sussex who would let me try DVD for a
couple of days for the equivalent of $25.

Dick Hobbs